[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Blog example in 2.0.0CR2 fails under Tomcat

RobJellinghaus do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 30 02:46:57 EDT 2007

Aah, rats.  So it looks like now JBoss Embedded has to be installed manually under Tomcat before any Seam examples can be deployed there?

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=EmbeddedAndTomcat

This is a pretty big drag, since it means that I can no longer publish a Seam-based example as a single WAR file that anyone with Tomcat can drop into their webapps directory.

Is there any history or other information on why this change was made?  Seems like a pretty sizable regression from 1.2.0, where "ant deploy.tomcat" would create a .war that contained all the necessary embedded pieces.  Is there any way to get back to that nice simple deployment model?

As it is, it makes Seam examples vastly harder to publish and share.  Which affects me personally, since I am trying to update http://unrealities.com/seamgwt for Seam 2, and if I have to tell people to muck about with JBoss Embedded in order to test this little example, I lose the majority of developers who'd otherwise try it.

Depressed,
Rob

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4100083#4100083

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4100083