[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Type Conversion not supported

mortena do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 30 06:05:36 EDT 2007

This could be a hsql problem, but since I'm using default settings used in seam-gen I'm probably not the only one having this problem:

I've added a List of addresses to my User class:

  | @OneToMany(mappedBy="user", cascade = CascadeType.ALL)
  | 	public List<Address> getAddresses() {
  | 		return addresses;
  | 	}

I try to display the list of addresses in the view page of the user (user.xhtml). This is done using the following snippet:

  | <rich:simpleTogglePanel switchType="client" label="Adresser"
  |     opened="false" rendered="#{not empty userHome.instance.addresses}">
  |     <f:facet name="header">Addresses</f:facet>
  |     <h:dataTable id="addressList" var="address"
  |         value="#{userHome.instance.addresses}"
  |         rendered="#{not empty userHome.instance.addresses}">
  |         <h:column>
  |             <f:facet name="header">Name</f:facet>
  |             #{address.name}
  |         </h:column>
  |     </h:dataTable>
  | </rich:simpleTogglePanel>

When I try viewing the page I get the Type Conversion not supported error.

Should I change database?
Should I modify the code?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4100146#4100146

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4100146