[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Exception trying to run seam on glassfish.java.lang.NoCl

deepsix do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 30 11:07:24 EDT 2007

Thanks!
I included these two jars and changed the seam declaration from jar module to ejb module.

But i get a different exception now.

  | SMGT0007: Self Management Rules service is enabled
  | Application server startup complete.
  | Exception occured in J2EEC Phasejava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid ejb jar [jboss-seam.jar]: it contains zero ejb.
  | Note:
  | 1. A valid ejb jar requires at least one session, entity (1.x/2.x style), or message driven bean.
  | 2. EJB3+ entity beans (@Entity) are POJOs and please package them as library jar.
  | 3. If the jar file contains valid EJBs which are annotated with EJB component level annotations (@Stateless, @Stateful, @MessageDriven), please check server.log to see whether the annotations were processed properly.
  | com.sun.enterprise.deployment.backend.IASDeploymentException: Error loading deployment descriptors for module [seam-facelets] -- Invalid ejb jar [jboss-seam.jar]: it contains zero ejb.

This is how my application.xml looks like.. nothing major.

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <application xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
  |              xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  |              xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/application_5.xsd"
  |              version="5">
  |
  |     <display-name>seam-facelets</display-name>
  |
  |     <module>
  |         <web>
  |             <web-uri>sesam-facelets-war.war</web-uri>
  |             <context-root>/seam-facelets</context-root>
  |         </web>
  |     </module>
  |     <module>
  |         <ejb>seam-facelets-ejb.jar</ejb>
  |     </module>
  | <module>
  |         <ejb>jboss-seam.jar</ejb>
  |     </module>
  | </application>

I think i am missing something simple somewhere..
just cant figure out what..

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4100314#4100314

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4100314