[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - contextRoot with multiple webservices

fmeystre do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Oct 30 18:41:44 EDT 2007

Hi,
I have some problem with the contextRoot with multiple WebService (in different apps) with same name on same server.
I'm running JBoss AS 4.2.1.GA with jbossws-native-2.0.1.GA.

I have 2 deployed web applications (same java source code)

First application is deployed at http://host/myApp1
Second application is deployed at http://host/myApp2

context root is set in the web.xml.

for myApp1:

  | <module>
  |   <web>
  |      <web-uri>myApp1.war</web-uri>
  |      <context-root>/myApp1</context-root>
  |   </web>
  | </module>

for myApp2:

  | <module>
  |   <web>
  |      <web-uri>myApp2.war</web-uri>
  |      <context-root>/myApp2</context-root>
  |   </web>
  | </module>

Everything is working fine with the web application (using Seam 1.2.1 GA).
The problem is with the WebService :

The 2 WebServices are deployed under default context root :

http://host/myApp1-myApp1/WSTest
http://host/myApp2-myApp2/WSTest

When I try to invoke the WebService WSTest from one client on
http://host/myApp2-myApp2/WSTest

it invokes the wrong service on the other app:
http://host/myApp1-myApp1/WSTest

Why is the wrong service invoked?
I tried to change the context root like this : @WebContext(authMethod = "BASIC", contextRoot="/myApp1" ) but then I can't open the Webservice on http://host/myApp1/WSTest, Error 404
By the way @WebContext and contextRoot="myApp1" is not a good solution for me, Because 2 apps share the same java source. I need a more dynamic way to change this. I see that we can change the context-root in jboss.xml, but regarding this post it is
not working : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4078878#4078878

here is my WebService, it use the EJB annotation

  | @Stateless
  | @WebService
  | @SOAPBinding(style = SOAPBinding.Style.RPC)
  | @WebContext(authMethod = "BASIC", transportGuarantee = "NONE", secureWSDLAccess = false)
  | @SecurityDomain("JBossWS")
  | @RolesAllowed("friend")
  |
  | public class WSTestBean implements WSTest{

  | 	@WebMethod
  | 	public void test(byte[] order) {
  | 	}
  | }

For information I have user Seam-Gen to generate the project

Thanks in advance for any help

Fabian

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4100463#4100463

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4100463