[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: jboss is not running

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 31 00:57:15 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote : And i make some change in run.bat file as echo on and i run the bat file

Great !

anonymous wrote : i think it may givesu some idea.

Yes, it does :)

anonymous wrote : "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0;\bin\java" -
  | version 2>&1 | findstr /I hotspot 1>nul

Starting 4.0.5 run.bat script has this new piece to check if the JVM supports the -server flag, in order to add it. There were errors reported in the forums related to this, which had to do with 'findstr' not being in the PATH. Here's an wiki entry for this http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=FindstrCommandNotFound. However, i havent seen the bat file terminating at this command.

I would suggest that you just comment out the following lines in the run.bat file and start the server. Edit the run.bat file as follows

rem Add -server to the JVM options, if supported
  | rem "%JAVA%" -version 2>&1 | findstr /I hotspot > nul
  | rem if not errorlevel == 1 (set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -server)

Alternately, you can add C:\Windows\System32 in the PATH, as mentioned in the wiki and see if that works.

Let us know how it goes.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4100491#4100491

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4100491