[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Converters scope

adamw do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 31 08:05:38 EDT 2007

Hello,

a default scope for @Converter bean is, as I noticed, event. I'm not sure if what I'm describing here is a Seam or Facelets bug, but my first bet would be on the fact that if a bean is event-scoped then there is at most one instance created for a request.

My problem was as follows: I have a converter, declared using @Converter and @Name. This converter has an attribute, so I created a tag to be able to put the attribute as a tag attribute, as described here: https://facelets.dev.java.net/nonav/docs/dev/docbook.html#taglib-create-converter.

Now, if I have the tag more than once on the page, the bean attribute, during conversion, is always set to the value of the attribute in the last tag on the page.

I solved this problem by declaring the converter to have a stateless scope. No idea if this is the "correct" way --- but maybe it's worth mentioning in the manual.

--
Adam

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4100610#4100610

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4100610