[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Handling exception

finc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 31 08:18:07 EDT 2007

Hi,
I use Glassfish v2, Seam 1.2.1, JTA, TopLink, JPA.

When I try execute any methods which not commit, thow any exception, for example:
Local Exception Stack:
Exception [TOPLINK-4002] (Oracle TopLink Essentials - 2.0 (Build b58g-fcs (09/07/2007))): oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.DatabaseException
Internal Exception: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails (`dostal/uzivatele_role`, CONSTRAINT `fk_role_name_uzivatele_role` FOREIGN KEY (`role_name`) REFERENCES `roles` (`role_name`) ON UPDATE CASCADE)
Error Code: 1451

How I can handle this transaction exception?
I want in view show that action isn't access. Now exception throw only in server console.

I want use some localization. For example: Error Code is 1451 = Cannot insert because....

Thanks all!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4100618#4100618

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4100618