[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Migrating to 2.0.0 using PropertyConfigurator

shelly2k do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 31 09:37:12 EDT 2007

Hi

We have an 1.x installation of JBoss cache and are looking to move to the 2.0.0 branch.

We configure the cache using a well know remote location, i.e. we serve out the config.xml file from a webserver. All chache clients know the location of the server and configure themselves using the xml file returned via a http request:

  | public CacheManager( final InputStream is, final String clusterName ) throws Exception {
  | PropertyConfigurator configurator = new PropertyConfigurator();
  | TreeCache cache = new TreeCache();
  | configurator.configure( cache, xmlConfigUrl );
  | configurator.configure( cache, is );
  | cache.setFetchInMemoryState( true );
  | if ( clusterName != null )
  | {
  |             cache.setClusterName( clusterName );
  | }
  | cache.start();
  | }

How do we do this in 2.0.0. The createCache calls provided by the factory only only seem to take string references or a bool to start it.

I would be very grateful of a pointer in the right direction.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4100652#4100652

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4100652