[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Problems when paginating with search criterias

uke do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 31 10:51:39 EDT 2007

After a lot of trying around, I've put the search criteria-string into an object, so that I can control the getter and setter for it.

With the setter looking like this

  | this.criteria = new String(criteria.getBytes("ISO-8859-1"), "UTF-8");

The search works when the criteria is sent as a page parameter, though it breaks the original form-request.

My conclusion based on this is that the form sends a utf-8-encoded string, but the get-request parameter is ISO-8859-1-encoded.

If this seems like a reasonable explanation, is there a way around this? Where can I set the encoding for the page parameters?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4100691#4100691

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4100691