[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - SQLServer TEXT field type causes Hibernate error

whafrog do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 31 11:04:49 EDT 2007

I used Seam to create a new project and generate entities from an existing database (MS SQLSERVER2000). One of the tables has a TEXT field type.  The entity was correctly created by the seam generator to use a String for that variable, however on deployment the Hibernate validator throws an exception:  "Wrong column type: my_text_field, expected: varchar(255)"

Hibernate should map TEXT to a String.  Where is Hibernate getting its information about this mapping and how can I change it?

Thanks,

Jon Wiest

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4100699#4100699

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4100699