[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Create timer -

konami do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 31 11:16:23 EDT 2007

"jcstaff" wrote : I believe you want to do what I described in my option B of the Jun 07 post. Just update the configuration file that points JMS to DefaultDS to use the data source your application is using. It will create the schema it needs. This integrates the Timer and application DB actions into a single resource.

  | In ejb-deployer.xml
  |
  |   |   <mbean code="org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.DatabasePersistencePolicy" name="jboss.ejb:service=EJBTimerService,persistencePolicy=database">
  |   |     <!-- DataSourceBinding ObjectName -->
  |   |     <!-- jcstaff:if DB to support EJBs is non-XA, must use EJB's DS for Timers
  |   |     <depends optional-attribute-name="DataSource">jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=DefaultDS</depends>
  |   |     -->
  |   |     <depends optional-attribute-name="DataSource">jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=myDS</depends>
  |   |     <!-- The plugin that handles database persistence -->
  |   |     <attribute name="DatabasePersistencePlugin">org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.GeneralPurposeDatabasePersistencePlugin</attribute>
  |   |     <!-- The timers table name -->
  |   |     <attribute name="TimersTable">TIMERS</attribute>
  |   |   </mbean>
  |   |

This optional attributes have moved to DatabasePersistencePolicy mbean in JBoss 4.2.1. But now I am getting another exception as below when I start the server:

java.lang.NullPointerException
  | 	at org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.DatabasePersistencePolicy.listTimerHandles(DatabasePersistencePolicy.java:165)
  | 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
  | 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
  | 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
  | 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
  | 	at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
  | 	at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
  | 	at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
  | 	at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
  | 	at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
  | 	at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:210)

Any idea why I am getting this? Any opinion would be helpful.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4100705#4100705

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4100705