[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: JBoss Portal LDAP Setup

doranen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 31 14:53:24 EDT 2007

"bdaw" wrote : I recently added SynchronizingLdapLoginModule that extends LdapLoginModule  from JBossSX and SynchronizingLdapExtLoginModule that does the same for LdapExtLoginModule You can use them to
  | - just authenticate against LDAP + inject additional role principal which is used to secure portal application
  | - authenticate against LDAP + synchronize ldap user into portal DB
  | - authenticate against LDAP + synchronize ldap user into portal DB + assign such user to specified portal role
  | - authenticate against LDAP + synchronize ldap user into portal DB + assign such user to specified portal role + try to synchronize all the roles obtained for such user from LDAP into portal DB
  | You need to remember that it's hard to decouple users and roles because of relationship. So you can't just keep users in LDAP and roles in DB.

Hi bdaw,

Like dhartford, I need to use the LDAP for authentiation (username/password) only and not store any role information there.  It seems like from your Use Case #1 that this is possible by just authenticating and then synchronizing users/new roles to DB, but I am confused as to what to use for my config settings in jboss-service.xml, login.config-xml, as well as identity-config.xml.  Which login modules should I use and what options should I set?  I am just using a test LDAP (OpenDS) for getting the proof of concept.  Thanks for any advice you can give.

JBoss Portal Version : 2.6.2 Bundled
Downloaded Portal, not from CVS
JBoss AS Version: 4.2.1
Database Vendor and Version: MySQL
JDBC Connector and Version: MySQL connector/J 5.1
OS Platform: Windows XP Pro

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4100817#4100817

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4100817