[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Problems with contexts not being active

akwatters do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Oct 31 16:13:39 EDT 2007

I'm trying to invoke a SSB from a servlet filter using Seam 1.2.1 deployed on JBoss 4.2.1.

>From the filter I'm calling the SSB using Component.getInstance("myService", true). At first this failed on calling Component.getInstance throwing a IllegalStateException with the message "No application context active". I 'discovered' org.jboss.seam.web.ContextFilter and added it to my web.xml. The SSB is now called without problems. However, when the request returns to the ContextFilter it fails with another IllegalStateException with the message "No active event context".

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No active event context
    at org.jboss.seam.core.Manager.instance(Manager.java:267)
    at org.jboss.seam.web.ContextFilter.doFilter(ContextFilter.java:58)

Help please!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4100832#4100832

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4100832