[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - How to refresh datamodel in EntityQuery

karolkarol do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Sep 2 05:11:35 EDT 2007

A need to refresh datatable/datamodel from database. I want to do this from component that removes one of entity from the list.

I tried several ways:

1) reset to null datamodel  on injected EntityQuery (userList) component

  | public class EntityH<E> extends EntityHome<E> {
  |
  | 	@In(required = false)
  | 	@Out(required = false)
  | 	UserList userList;
  | (........)
  | 	@Override
  | 	public String remove() {
  |
  |                 super.remove();
  |
  | 		if (userList!=null)
  | 		{
  | 			userList.entityDM = null;
  | 		}
  | 		userList.refresh();

2) remove userList component from all context to force recreation
- this method was suggested on that forum

  | 		Contexts.removeFromAllContexts("userList");

No one works - when redirecting to list page, deleted entity is still present.
All components are in one conversation scope becouse I really need to propagate faces messages.

Please help.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4080276#4080276

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4080276