[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - hibernate validator: how to access seam component

amashtakov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 3 09:14:14 EDT 2007

Hi everybody,

There are two ejb-s:

  - Account (entity)

       Account {
         @AccountLogin
         public String getLogin() {...}
      }

  - AccountManager (session)

       @Name("accountManager")
       AccountManager {
          public Account findByLogin(String login) {...}
       }

In order to check if account with the same login already exists or not, I
developed a hibernate validator:

@ValidatorClass(AccountLoginValidator.class)
@Target(ElementType.METHOD)
@Retention(RetentionPolicy.RUNTIME)
@Documented
public @interface AccountLogin {
	String message() default "the same login already exists";
}

I'm trying to inject "accountManager" component into AccountLoginValidator in order to perform check but with no
success - instance variable is always null:

@Name("accountLoginValidator")
public class AccountLoginValidator
	implements Validator, PropertyConstraint {

        @In(create=true, value="accountManager")
	private AccountManagerLocal accountManager;

}

With jndi lookup everything works fine, but I'd like to use seam
injection facilities to get this reference.

In any way to do this ?

PS:

     In page code bean I always get the reference to "accountManager"
     without any problem using the same @In anotation.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4080500#4080500

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4080500