[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - How to let "the system" access secure beans?

bjolletz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 3 13:23:33 EDT 2007

Hello everybody!

I'm quite new to JBoss, so please excuse me if I'm missing something obvious, but I have the following problem:

I am trying to secure some beans using the @RolesAllowed annotation. When doing this, I realized that some methods should only be able to be called by "the system", and not really by logged in users. "The system" in this case refers to some scheduled tasks which run once in a while. "The system" does not contain any user principals or roles, so the question is, how do I specify in my @RolesAllowed annotations that only "the system" is allowed to call certain methods?

I think that this must be a common problem, so I feel like I'm missing something here... Is there any standard ways to handle this situation?

If someone has any thoughts on this, it would be very appreciated!

/Daniel

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4080592#4080592

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4080592