[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - An HQL question ...

sylobsa do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 4 03:56:52 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I use JBoss 4.2.0 + jBPM 3.2.1 + Hibernate 3 with a PostgreSQL 8.2.4 database.
I'd like to perform an HQL query which could generate the following SQL query :

select name_, version_
from jbpm_processdefinition d1
where not exists (select name_, version_
                  from jbpm_processdefinition d2
                  where d2.name_ = d1.name_
                    and d2.version_ = d1.version_ +1)

Is there a way to do that ?

select d1.name, d1.version
from ProcessDefinition d1
where not exist (select d2.name, d2.version
                 from ProcessDefinition d2
                 where d2.name = d1.name
                   and d2.version = d1.version+1)
doesn't work.