[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - exception redirect - missing message

gstacey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 4 15:22:21 EDT 2007

Hi,

This may be an issue of integration with IceFaces rather than a Seam issue, but I'm posting on both forums in the hope that someone can offer some insight.

I'm using exception redirects in my project and while they work fine, after the first time the associated message is not displayed.

e.g.

  | <exception class="org.jboss.seam.security.AuthorizationException">
  | 	<end-conversation />
  | 	<redirect view-id="/Error.xhtml">
  | 		<message severity="WARN">
  | 			You do not have the necessary security privileges to
  | 			perform this action.
  | 		</message>
  | 	</redirect>
  | </exception>

I am using a simple <h:messages/> tag to display the message.

When the message is not displayed I see the following error:

  | ERROR [org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve] Application error: Persistent Faces Servlet did not complete its transaction

Has anyone seen something like this before?  or can offer some ideas on what the problem might be?

Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4081046#4081046

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4081046