[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Combo Box in Form

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 5 04:49:03 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote : pretty far from the truth....

hmmm... I read your post and do not see where jBPM is involved in a way that it is causing this problem. Everything you describe is JSF, the only thing is that you put selectItems in a variable, but that is just like you would do in in a bean. So basically all this is jsf stuff and jbpm is only invloved in a minor way. So I disagree that it is 'pretty far from the truth'

Yet, I do not disagree that a nicer solution would be 'handy' and seam provides parts of that for you. what you encounter now is in the grey area of the webconsole. What is it intended for? Production systems? well, the management part should be. Is it intended for end-users? No currently not. So some things are not in there and personally I use the storage of variables only in the RAD/Prototype part of a project. For productionsystems we have a separate domain model and use a separate database for that (with separate ui) so the list of selectitems comes from there and not jBPM. The selected value goes into jBPM.

anonymous wrote :  (time to prove that this is a JSF-problem ;-)) ?
I'm not saying what *you* encounter is a jsf problem, but up to where you are now was just JSF stuff. Could be that this instance-of thing is related to jBPM.

And yes, I will investigate since it would indeed be nice if the webconsole supported this out of the box in a fairly easy way. Care to help and build a nice more complex example of a ui with this in there?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4081208#4081208

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4081208