[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: basic JNDI beginners problems - cant do look up from app

wiggy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 5 10:36:42 EDT 2007

Hello Jaikiran,

yes the client and the AS are both running on the same machine (my laptop) running windows.

I am using callisto eclipse as dev IDE and have run he AS server up from eclipse by using the start server action on the servers tab.

That works fine and I can view the JMX console etc on localhost:8080 as youd expect, and my Datasource is visible in the JNDIView in the global section (see config line in the DS deploy descriptor.

I build the client as an EJB project in same eclipse (I started as EJB project as eventually i've trying to get to grips with EJB but also cos it includes the AS libraries in the path.

however the code is as shown and is a straight pojo with a main - which i run inside eclipse by call run as application (i dont deploy it to the server as it has no managed classes at this point - i was just trying to make sure I could get a JNDI ref to the willDS

cheers

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4081343#4081343

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4081343