[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re:

binabik do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 5 13:04:43 EDT 2007

pete,

thanks for the info. the comment in the wiki certainly makes more sense now.   it seems to be more appropriate for static data though (or am i being dense again?).

the example posted in the wiki seems to be exactly what i need, as i'm programmatically generating a PDF on the fly depending on data a user has selected. the high-level PDF integration is not powerful enough for what i need, so i'm generating the PDF in java code and piping that into the Resource class. is that the right way to do it, or should i be subclassing AbstractResource?

that would involve implementing getResource and piping my byte[]-array into response.getOutputStream, if i'm reading the code correctly. but how do i tell seam to use this PDFResource? (can org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamResourceServlet work that out automagically?)

right now, however, the approach in the wiki works a treat for me, but if the other way is the _correct_ way to do it, i don't mind giving that a try.

thanks again,
sb

p.s.: on the topic of documentation, would this be the right place to volunteer to work on adding/extending javadoc to the seam code? if so, i wouldn't mind getting involved with the project.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4081421#4081421

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4081421