[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - begginer question - request parameters

przadka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 5 19:45:41 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have a very simple question regarding <s:link> parameters. After playing with seam-gen I ve realised that it generates one page for both creating and editing entities. Seam knows that if I pass an id as a request parameter that means it should look for corresponding entity to edit.

Now, the question: how does Seam know how to map the request parameter into the searching criteria? I dont see any explicit code saying something like

if (id is set in request) display entity where id=request(id)

on the corresponding view page (or any other file). I looked through configuration files and did not come across anything relevant. Am I missing something? Is it some default behaviour?

Thanks for any info.
Michal Przadka

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4081524#4081524

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4081524