[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Locking data

zoran9707 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 6 04:00:34 EDT 2007

I have problem with locking some record from ORACLE 9i DB.

I create Entity Bean, Session Bean in JDeveloper 11g.
My Persistant_Unit is:

In Java class I wrote:

  | private EntityManagerFactory EntityManagerFactoryM = Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory("HibernatePU");
  |
  | private EntityManager EntityManagerMesto;
  |
  | EntityManagerMesto = EntityManagerFactoryM.createEntityManager();
  |

  |     private void Transaction()
  |     {
  |         Mesto mestoTB = EntityManagerMesto.find(Mesto.class,1);
  |
  |         EntityTransaction transactionM = EntityManagerMesto.getTransaction();
  |
  |         transactionM.begin();
  |
  |         EntityManagerMesto.lock(mestoTB, LockModeType.WRITE);
  |
  |         System.out.println("testEJB: " + mestoTB.getNaziv());
  |         }
  |

  |        Private void ExitForm()
  |        {
  |           transactionM.rollback();
  |         }

I want to know if this is right code to LOCK one recored from ORACLE 9I and not to allow to anybody to change that row until I call   function
      ExitForm()  ---  transactionM.rollback()

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4081574#4081574

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4081574