[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - "could not discover transaction" despite transaction-managem

cba2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 6 05:16:55 EDT 2007

I have set <core:init transaction-management-enabled="false"/> in components.xml but I still get errors like the following:

10:51:04,521 ERROR [Contexts] could not discover transaction status

Should I disable seam transaction management somewhere else as well or is this rather a (minor) Seam bug?

>From Contexts.java (package org.jboss.seam.contexts):

  |             boolean transactionActive = false;
  |             try
  |             {
  |                transactionActive = Transaction.instance().isActive();
  |             }
  |             catch (Exception e)
  |             {
  |                log.error("could not discover transaction status");
  |             }
  |             if (transactionActive)
  |             {
  |                //in calls to MDBs and remote calls to SBs, the
  |                //transaction doesn't commit until after contexts
  |                //are destroyed, so pre-emptively flush here:
  |                getBusinessProcessContext().flush();
  |             }

I suspect Transaction.instance() is just null (because there is simply no transaction) which triggers an NPE. But since the logged error includes no stack trace I cannot be sure...

FYI: I use Seam2.0.0.BETA1 on plain Tomcat 5.5. I use spring for the whole persistence layer which is also why I would like to completely disable Seam transaction management.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4081604#4081604

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4081604