[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Edit Mode problem

forgoodorforawesome do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 6 12:48:42 EDT 2007

I've created a new portlet, and I cannot get the edit mode working correctly.  When a user clicks the 'Edit' link on the top of the window nothing shows up in the window.  I have two jsps, view.jsp and edit.jsp.  view.jsp shows up correctly in view mode, but edit.jsp is not being shown in edit mode.

Here is my portlet.xml file:

   <portlet>
  |       <portlet-name>EmmiPortlet</portlet-name>
  |       <portlet-class>com.rightfield.testing.portlet.EmmiPortlet</portlet-class>
  |       <supports>
  |          <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
  |          <portlet-mode>VIEW</portlet-mode>
  |          <portlet-mode>EDIT</portlet-mode>
  |       </supports>
  |       <portlet-info>
  |          <title>Emmi Portlet</title>
  |       </portlet-info>
  |    </portlet>

so, I do have the Edit mode enabled for this portlet.

I have two jsps, view and edit.  In my portlet class, the doView() method, I use the portlet request dispatcher to show the view.jsp:

PortletRequestDispatcher prd = getPortletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/WEB-INF/jsp/view.jsp");
  | 	        prd.include(request, response);

in doEdit(), I do the same:

PortletRequestDispatcher prd = getPortletContext().getRequestDispatcher("/WEB-INF/jsp/edit.jsp");
  |         prd.include(request, response);

The edit.jsp file is included inside the war file that is deployed.  It is quite simple:

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/portlet" prefix="portlet" %>
  | <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tlds/c.tld" prefix="c" %>
  | <%@ page contentType="text/html" isELIgnored="false"%>
  | <portlet:defineObjects/>
  | edit portlet

Am I missing something here?  I thought if I enabled it in portlet.xml that it should work.  I'm not seeing any exceptions in the log files, so I think I must be missing a step.

Here are my specs:

JBoss Portal Version: 2.6.1
Did you get Portal from CVS? or download it? download
JBoss AS Version: 4.0.5
Database Vendor and Version: hypersonic
JDBC Connector and Version
OS Platform: XP