[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - foo.page.xml <action execute=...> never fires. Why?

tynor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 6 14:05:12 EDT 2007

JBoss AS 4.2.1, Seam 1.2.1-GA

I am trying to use action-execute on a page.xml file to initialize my backing bean, but it's never being called.  Can anyone explain what I need to do to get the page-action-execute to fire?  (from my eyes, this is no different than a page.xml that successfully fires the wire() functions in my home classes).

My home.page.xml:

<!DOCTYPE page PUBLIC
  |           "-//JBoss/Seam Pages Configuration DTD 1.2//EN"
  |           "http://jboss.com/products/seam/pages-1.2.dtd">
  | <page login-required="true">
  |    <begin-conversation join="true"/>
  |    <action execute="#{dashboard.init}"/>
  | </page>

The page.xml is right next to the facelets source, just as seamgen does for its generated pages:

view/home.xhtml

Here's the bean. Ive tried both with and without @AutoCreate - it seems to make no difference.

@Scope(ScopeType.SESSION)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4081793#4081793