[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Re: DataSource Problem JBoss/Tomcat Only Configuration

kdolan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 6 14:56:48 EDT 2007

I still could figure out how to configure Tomcat in JBoss to recognize my database.  So, I compared what components the JEMS installer installs for the "tomcat" option vs. the "default" option.  I noticed a component named "jboss-ds".  So, I tried using the JEMS installer to install JBoss.

1. I chose the "default" option.
2. I de-selected (unchecked) every component that is not installed with the "tomcat" option.
3. I re-selected the jboss-ds component (and the ones on which it is dependent - jboss-ha-local-jdbc, jboss-ha-xa-jdbc, jboss-local-jdbc, jboss-xa-jdbc, jca-service, jdbc-metadata-service)

This worked!  I was able to deploy my .war file and my -ds.xml file.

Also, I looked at both the disk space and memory footprint of adding these components and they are negligible (vs. running the entire "default" option).  Now I need to confirm I am allowed to install these components.

Kelly

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4081817#4081817

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4081817