[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Usage of TimeZone in Seam 2.0

tonylmai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 6 15:42:56 EDT 2007

I am migrating my apps from Seam 1.2.1GA to Seam 2.0 (last night build) and am running into a few exception. This particular one is about the new class org.jboss.seam.international.TimeZone.

In my code, I did the following in a component that has th @Startup declaration.

@Startup
  | public class PostSalesManager {
  |     private java.util.TimeZone timeZone;
  |
  |     @Create
  |     public void init() throws ServiceLocatorException, AuthenticationException, JMSException {
  |         timeZone = org.jboss.seam.international.TimeZone.instance();
  | }

When the app came up, it threw the following exception:

anonymous wrote : 12:31:54,109 ERROR [[/postsales]] Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamListener
  | java.lang.IllegalStateException: No active session context
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.international.TimeZoneSelector.instance(TimeZoneSelector.java:107)
  | 	at org.jboss.seam.international.TimeZone.getTimeZone(TimeZone.java:28)

Can someone help clarifying the usage of this new class?

Thanks
-tony

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4081835#4081835

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4081835