[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - different behaviour when clicking on a button or using enter

baz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 7 01:53:08 EDT 2007

Hello,
we experience this problem:
Clicking on a button behaves different than pressing the button via return/enter key.

Scenario:
Displaying a form (long-running-conversation active)
Inside this form the user can activate a new page which starts a nested conversation.

The save action is annotated with @End and it performs a endAndRedirect:
	@End()
  | 	public void save(){
  | [...]		Events.instance().raiseEvent("CALCYIELD",plot);
  | 		Conversation.instance().endAndRedirect();
  | 	}

When clicking on the button, the user is redirected to the enclosing form and the nested conversation has ended.
But when the user presses the return/enter key inside the form a redirection to the enclosing form happend but the nested conversation has not ended.
What is going on here?
This is happening inside a seam-gen generated project (with Seam2.0.0Beta1)
I've just reassured that the save action is really called when pressing enter/return

Another related question (which has little relation to seam but to JSF in general. Perhaps someone has a hint)
I have to deal with a couple of peoples who are used to press enter when they enter a numeric value in a field.
I do not want to submit the form in this case. The only way to catch this scenario for me, is to place a default button at the top of the form which does nothing.
Are there better ways?
Ciao,
Carsten

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4081941#4081941