[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Encoding / GET vs. POST

JUnkie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 7 03:44:47 EDT 2007

Thanks Christian - I believe that URLs are not ISO-8859-1 either... I have finally found this here in the forum:

"If you are using Tomcat or JBoss all you have to do is [...] set URIEncoding to whatever character encoding you are using for the tomcat Connector in the server.xml.

The default encoding is ISO-8859-1 for Tomcat if not set explicitly.

<Connector port="8080" ... URIEncoding="UTF-8" .../>"

I did that and now I can use my UTF-8 encoded URL parameters directly without conversion from ISO-8859-1 to Unicode.

Can someone please recommend a book that deals with these kind of configurations?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4081959#4081959

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4081959