[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - JBOSS 4.2.0 GA and local socket connection

jova73 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 7 10:16:50 EDT 2007

Hi,
I'm testing our application with JBoss 4.2.0 GA (AIX 5.2 and JDK 1.5.0 IBM) and I have a problem with a socket connection: a class running in the web container (JSP custom tag class) opens a socket to a servlet running in the same container but the connection fails and the client class gets

java.net.ConnectException: A remote host refused an attempted connect operation.

The same app runs without problems on the same server with JBoss 3.2.1 (and JDK 1.4).
I solved the problem changing the application architecture: I replaced the socket connection with a method call and now everything is ok, but I'd like to understand why the local socket connection didn't worked...

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Andrea

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4082181#4082181