[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - FacesMessage enqueued, but not displayed.

tonylmai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 7 12:56:31 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have a simple login page and an Authenticator all based on code generated with Seam-gen. They used to work. And now I don't know which code I modified that resulted me with this problem.

When the Authenticator caught an AuthenticationException, it would write to FacesMessage like the following:

        try {
  |             long sessionId = clientMgr.login(identity.getUsername(), identity.getPassword());
  |         } catch (AuthenticationException e) {
  |             switch (e.getRejectReason()) {
  |             case USER_CREDENTIAL_NOT_FOUND: {
  |                 facesMessages.add("#{messages['login.failed.UserCredentialNotFound']}");
  |                 break;
  |             }
  |             case USER_CREDENTIAL_UNMATCHED: {
  |                 FacesMessages.instance().add("#{messages['login.failed.UserCredentialNotMatch']}");
  |                 break;
  |             }

And on my login page, I have the following:

  | 	<h:form id="login">
  | 		<rich:spacer height="10" />
  | 		<a4j:outputPanel id="loginPanel">
  | 	        <rich:panel>
  | 	            <f:facet name="header">#{messages['login.logon.legend']}</f:facet>
  | 					<h:panelGrid>
  | 						<h:messages styleClass="message" />
  | 					</h:panelGrid>

Yet when I tried to login with invalid username/password, I got no error message displayed on the page and the following warning in the log:

anonymous wrote : 09:46:56,968 INFO  [lifecycle] WARNING: FacesMessage(s) have been enqueued, but may not have been displayed.

How does Seam decide when to display or not to display an enqueued FaceMessage?

Thanks for your help.
-tony

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4082242#4082242

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4082242