[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Exceptions while starting JBoss on Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty F

berliita do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Sep 9 01:07:36 EDT 2007

Hi PeterJ,

Thank you for answering my posting.

I'll respond to each of the points you raised in order.

1. I did try using JDK 1.5 . The installation process didn't fare better with this version than it did with JDK 1.6 .

2. There's only one hosts file in my "/etc" directory. I'm not sure whether it's correct. I'll be thankful to you, if you help me figure this out. Following are the contents of this file.

  | 127.0.0.1       localhost
  | 127.0.1.1       ubuntu
  |
  | # The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
  | ::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
  | fe00::0 ip6-localnet
  | ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
  | ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
  | ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
  | ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

3. I don't know how to check my firewall or what to check it for. I'll take this measure as a last resort, if neither of the following steps you suggested succeeds: fixing the hosts file and reinstalling JBoss with a different configuration.

4. I installed JBoss by running the "jems-installer-1.2.0.GA" jar. You've suggested i should reinstall. Do i need to uninstall the existing installation before reinstalling, or do i simply run the installer, and it will overwrite the existing installation?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4082380#4082380

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4082380