[jboss-user] Re: Steps for Deploying the new EAR file (Hot Deployment ??)

samk at twinix.com samk at twinix.com
Sun Sep 9 20:28:12 EDT 2007

See Thread at: http://www.techienuggets.com/Detail?tx=11957 Posted on behalf of a User

bkucutc

Hi..,

  What are the steps when you want to deploy the new war file to the server. Here are the steps I follow :

1. Shutdown the App server
2. Remove the EAR file from deploy folder
3. Go to the tmp folder & remove all the files related to the earlier app
4. Go to the work folder & remove all the files related to the earlier app
5. Deploy the new war file.
6. Start the app server.

Are these steps correct. ?

If I don't deploy the app as per the steps mentioned above, the App doesn't work fine & throws all kind of exceptions.

Our is a linux RH ES , HP bladed env.

Also , please let me know if there is any way to do the hot deployment on JBoss.

Regards,

Praveen