[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Apache HTTPD + mod_jk +ssl+Jboss

igain do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 10 13:45:29 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have been trying to configure with apache and jboss server with mod_jk and SSL in a clustered environment.

Apache is being used as loadbalancer on top of my jboss app server nodes

I have doubt here

1) I have a seprate web server machine and a 2 seprate app server machine.
I am not sure where should i install self signed SSL certificate.
At Apache web server or inside tomcat container using server.keystore file?

First I configured self signed SSL certificate in embeded tomcat in jboss, and tried to access the application.
It works when my apache httpd and jboss is on same machine but it doesn't if i have apache httpd and jboss on 2 different machine.
mod_jk doesn't forward the request to https port if my jboss app server is on different machine.

Is there any specific configuration that i need to do in apache httpd to forward my request to https port on jboss ?

Ideally certificate should be installed at a single location which is at apache web server, this way if add more nodes of jboss i need not to configure them atleast for SSL.

So I tried to install SSL certificate on apache web server using mod_ssl and i was able to configure self signed certificate.

This combination works fine and SSL request being forwarded to jboss correctly on remote jboss machine. but when apache forward the request it forward to http:// URL not https:// url on jboss.
Which i don't know is correct or not.

Moreover the moment when i configure loadbalancer using mod_jk along with mod_ssl apache gives error page 500 when i try access the application.

Any help would greatly appreciated ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4082728#4082728

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4082728