[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Failed to retrieve stub from server

ptdhina do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 10 16:01:27 EDT 2007

Hi,

I had the same issue and I fixed it. It took me a good day or two to figure it out. I noticed that quiet a few people are having the same issue. Hence I am detailing the steps I followed to fix it.
1. First I added all the jar under Client folder in JBoss to the classpath for running the client program.
2. Use the IP address and port should be the one that is specified in "jboss:service=Naming" in the jboss-service.xml file
3. Make sure you have Bean's Name in the lookup and NOT the remote interface name in the look up.
EX: HelloWorld iBean = (HelloWorld) iContext.lookup("TestSB/remote");
HelloWorld - Remote interface
TestSB - my Stateless bean.

Good Luck!
Dhina