[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Re: Problems with NodeLocking algorithm

jason.greene@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 10 18:54:28 EDT 2007

"jacek187" wrote : Hi
  | The simplest solutions are always the best ;) Yes, REPETEABLE_READ +lockParentForChildInsertRemove really resolves this issues.
  | But now, it's impossible to parallel put data into 2 separates nodes :(
  | i.e. cache has /a/b/c node
  |
  | Thread-0: put into /a/b/c/X
  | Thread-1: put into /a/b/c/Y
  | Both threads are trying create children into c node, but Thread-1 must waits for Thread-0....

Right this is the primary issue with pessimistic locking (contention).  The parent locking suggestion is just a workaround. We still want to look into the issues you describe, as even without locking the parent node, the changes should still be atomic. Manik was looking into one of the issues you opened, so I will ping him when he gets back.

Further analysis and patches are always welcome. Feel free to join the developer forums and mailing list if you like.

-Jason

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4082804#4082804

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4082804