[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Usefulness of Conversations?

stu2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Sep 10 22:32:55 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote : I'm starting to see more and more that it is about aiding the programmer with managing object lifetimes and function specific features such as wizards, rather than giving the user free reign to edit as many instances of objects at the same time as they want in a controlled manner

That's what I find is valuable about conversations.  Having a scope tied to a pageflow's lifetime is an elegant approach that avoids manual state management, and adds leak safeguards in the form of timeouts.  The whole workspace/multiple windows thing is a side effect which may or may not be useful depending on how the UI is designed.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4082820#4082820

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4082820