[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Configuring external SSO solution (LDAP)

NM-156 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 11 09:55:03 EDT 2007

Thanks for replying, Boleslaw. I was doing some research based on the link that you provided. I was looking at this page:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=LoginModule

and also, the associated link "Creating a custom login module".

The custom SSO utility classes that I would like to reuse do the following:

1. Authenticate against the LDAP server
2. Retrieve application specific roles from the database

So can you tell me: Will I be able to extend one of the LoginModule classes that are listed in the link above and then configure my new class in /conf/login-config.xml? If I am conceptualizing what needs to be done correctly, I need to configure my own login module class whose implementation will more or less function like a hybrid. That is, one set of custom SSO utility classes will take user credentials and authenticate against the LDAP server. Once authentication is successful, I will use another set of custom classes to query the roles from the database.

Can I entend one of the existing LoginModule classes to accomplish this? Which methods would I have to override in the LoginModule class in order to plug in the authentication/role retrieval logic?

Thanks so much.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4083026#4083026

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4083026