[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: When would SEAM 2.0.0 GA and SEAM 2.0.1 GA be released a

bsmithjj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 11 14:41:12 EDT 2007

I've asked this before...

Will there be a release of Seam 1.3.0 which appeared as an alpha earlier this year?

In particular, I was hoping to get fixes for this http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-967

If my memory is correct, Gavin responded that he has changed the Seam code too much for the 2.0 release in order to continue on with a 1.3 release path.  That doesn't make too much sense with source-control tagging. Given also that Seam 2.0 is focussed on being supported with JBoss AS 4.2 (yes it works on 4.0.5 with AS changes supposedly), I'm concerned that those of us on the Seam 1.1, 1.2 path are dead ended already.  It's not necessarily straight forward to just force several teams of developers to upgrade their version of Seam, and also their version of JBoss AS in order to obtain bug fixes.

So... what's the final word on Seam 1.X releases ? no more?  if so, that's a bit frustrating.  We'll eventually get to Seam 2.0 and Jboss 4.2, but in the meantime, we'll be trying to develop and maintain existing Seam 1.1- and 1.2-based applications.

Thanks,
Brad Smith

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4083150#4083150

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4083150