[jboss-user] Log rolling compression.

Joe Butchinski joe at d0nuts.org
Tue Sep 11 16:19:24 EDT 2007

All,

I'm looking to compress jboss server logs rolled from the log4j
appender.  Basically I just want the existing DailyRollingFileAppender
behavior with the extra step of compression.  I've seen a handful of
different writes that do this,
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/companions/extras/xref/org/apache/log4j/rolling/TimeBasedRollingPolicy.html is one example, but I haven't been able to determine if this can be plugged into jboss and subsequently how.  If it's not practical I can pass on the idea but it would be nice to keep the functions all in one place.  Comments/experiences appreciated.

Thanks.