[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Type Substitution doesn't work with Schema2Java Client a

klease do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Sep 11 17:50:37 EDT 2007

This seemed similar to some problems I had so I ran your test case and looked at the soap messages which were generated.

The handcoded case which works has this in the message.
<list xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance' xsi:type='cabin'>
The generated case which fails has this:
<list xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance' xsi:type='ns1:cabin'>

The namespace prefix ns1 is defined on the parent, so it looks like it should be fine.
But when it gets decoded in the service, it loses the type information and only gets objects of your base class. When there is no namespace prefix, it works fine and gets objects of the subclass (the cabin type).

Maybe this helps someone to locate the bug.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4083197#4083197

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4083197