[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Page Parameter not working

stephen.friedrich do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 12 01:41:11 EDT 2007

I do see the request parameter in the URL and after clicking on a link the correct URL is even displayed in the browser's address bar.

I do (try to) use a page parameter:
	<page view-id="/departments.xhtml" action="#{entryAction.enter()}">
  | 		<param name="departmentId" value="#{departmentHome.id}" converterId="javax.faces.Long"/>
  | 	</page>

I put the action there only for testing and it sure is called.

However request parameters never are used. As I previously said: This setup was working on Seam 2.0.0, Trinidad 1.2.2, Sun JSF RI 1.2 and JBoss 4.2. Of course it may be that I forgot to change some descriptors to the older format, but I triple (quadruple, and lots more) checked them against the seampay example in 1.2.1.

It really seems to me like a bug in the integration of Seam and Trinidad.

In my scenario Seam never calls it's own applyRequestParameterValues() which sure seems like a bug to me. Of course it probably has a deeper cause somewhere.
It seems that for this request Seam figures out there won't be a JSF response, so the applyRequestParameterValues() is not needed (I have no clue why facesContext.getRenderResponse() always returns false nor why that should disable request parameter processing).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4083271#4083271

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4083271