[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Converter behavior PROBLEM

urosmil do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 12 10:22:05 EDT 2007

Hi Stephen,

as "validation" are you referring to explicitly added jsf validation, because I don't use that?

This is html code:
<h:inputText id="price" value="#{offerBean.offer.price}" converter="offerPriceConvertor" class="inputText"></h:inputText>
I think is important to add that set-er for "offerBean.offer.price" is never executed. After "getAsObject" it's going directly to "getAsString" - by directly I mean it skips my code not the code for handling jsf lifecycle.

Does jsf controller checks object returned by "getAsObject" method? Should't it just call set-er and pass argument returned by "getAsObject" method?
Can someone explain what actually happens behind the scene?

Thanks,
Uros.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4083470#4083470

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4083470