[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: basic JNDI beginners problems - cant do look up from app

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 13 01:41:45 EDT 2007

"wiggy" wrote : still having a problem here that I dont seem to be able to resolve

  | I did a search on goole and got similiar people who have had similar problem and i'm note sure any of them seem to quite get to a resolution
  |
  | see www.jboss.com/?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=68072 and
  | www.jboss.com/?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=75499
  | and www.theserverside.com/discussions/thread.tss?thread_id=32699
  |
  | etc .
  |
  | still battling with this - on my works computer.
  |
  | I eventually got the passwords from support teams and diabled the local firewall (intengrity flex agent) and this doesnt seem to fix it either - i'ven turned the firwall back on and configured it to accept open port 1099 for trusted zoen access (localhost)
  |
  | I can ping localhost from the cmd shell so the dns for localhost seems to resolve.  Any ideas anyone

wiggy,

I tried out a sample test on my local setup to see if i was missing something. Everything worked fine for me. I then went through your post again and found the problem. Here it is, you are using:
anonymous wrote :
  | private static Hashtable getInitialContextProperties()
  | 	{
  |
  | 	   Hashtable props = new Hashtable();
  | 	   props.put("java.naming.factory.initial", "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  | 	   props.put("javax.naming.Context.PROVIDER_URL","jnp://localhost:1099");
  | 	   props.put("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs", "org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces" );
  | 	   return props;
  | 	}

That key, javax.naming.Context.PROVIDER_URL is incorrect. It should be
java.naming.provider.url. Also, it always safer to use the constants meant for these as follows:

private static Hashtable getInitialContextProperties()
  | 	{
  | Hashtable props = new Hashtable();
  | 			   props.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  | 			   props.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL,"jnp://localhost:1099");
  | 			   props.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES, "org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces" );
  | 	   return props;
  | 	}

Try it out and see if it works on your setup.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4083772#4083772

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4083772