[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: Programmatically determining ear name for JNDI lookups:

jnorris10 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 13 13:26:06 EDT 2007

"waynebaylor" wrote : you should override the default JNDI names by using the jboss annotations @LocalBinding, @RemoteBinding OR by using the jboss.xml deployment descriptor.

As I tried to communicate above, I *want* to put these components into JNDI under an ear-like context.  I don't want to hard-code another ear-like name into @LocalBinding since this module needs to be a part of multiple ears and therefore have multiple JNDI bindings.  I don't want to hard-code it into jboss.xml either since then I have a lot of near-useless configuration details to manage when I put this component into multiple ears.

Currently I put the ear name in a custom configuration file in the EAR, and looking it up when I need to lookup components.  However, it would be handy to be able to ask some service what my current ear context name was.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4084105#4084105

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4084105