[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - createConnection hangs

bob_walker99 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Sep 13 15:06:33 EDT 2007

Hi,
I've been seeing this for a while and alsways put it down to classpath issues, but I'm quite an expert at which jboss client jars work and which don't, and what needs to go where, so I'm no longer convinced that this is the issue.

What's happening is that at seemingly random junctures, calls to createConnection stop working. they sit in this stack:

at jrockit/net/SocketNativeIO.readBytesPinned(Ljava/io/FileDescriptor;[BIII)I(Native Method)
  | at jrockit/net/SocketNativeIO.socketRead(Ljava/io/FileDescriptor;[BIII)I(Unknown Source)
  | at java/net/SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Ljava/io/FileDescriptor;[BIII)I(SocketInputStream.java)
  | at java/net/SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)
  | at java/io/BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)
  | at java/io/BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:237)
  | ^-- Holding lock: java/io/BufferedInputStream at 0x403bf048[thin lock]
  | at java/io/FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:66)
  | at org/jboss/remoting/transport/socket/MicroSocketClientInvoker.readVersion(MicroSocketClientInvoker.java:1000)
  | at org/jboss/remoting/transport/socket/MicroSocketClientInvoker.transport(MicroSocketClientInvoker.java:574)
  | at org/jboss/remoting/transport/bisocket/BisocketClientInvoker.transport(BisocketClientInvoker.java:413)
  | at org/jboss/remoting/MicroRemoteClientInvoker.invoke(MicroRemoteClientInvoker.java:122)
  | at org/jboss/remoting/Client.invoke(Client.java:1634)
  | at org/jboss/remoting/Client.invoke(Client.java:548)
  | at org/jboss/jms/client/delegate/ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate.org$jboss$jms$client$delegate$ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate$createConnectionDelegate$aop(ClientConnectionFactoryDele        gate.java:164)
  | at org/jboss/jms/client/delegate/ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate$createConnectionDelegate_N3019492359065420858.invokeNext()Ljava/lang/Object;(ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate$createCon        nectionDelegate_N3019492359065420858.java)
  | at org/jboss/jms/client/container/StateCreationAspect.handleCreateConnectionDelegate(StateCreationAspect.java:83)
  | at org/jboss/aop/advice/org/jboss/jms/client/container/StateCreationAspect0.invoke(Lorg/jboss/aop/joinpoint/Invocation;)Ljava/lang/Object;(StateCreationAspect0.java)
  | at org/jboss/jms/client/delegate/ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate$createConnectionDelegate_N3019492359065420858.invokeNext()Ljava/lang/Object;(ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate$createCon        nectionDelegate_N3019492359065420858.java)
  | at org/jboss/jms/client/delegate/ClientConnectionFactoryDelegate.createConnectionDelegate(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;I)Lorg/jboss/jms/delegate/CreateConnectionResult;(ClientC        onnectionFactoryDelegate.java)
  | at org/jboss/jms/client/JBossConnectionFactory.createConnectionInternal(JBossConnectionFactory.java:205)
  | at org/jboss/jms/client/JBossConnectionFactory.createConnection(JBossConnectionFactory.java:87)
  | at org/jboss/jms/client/JBossConnectionFactory.createConnection(JBossConnectionFactory.java:82)

but never returns. This can happen without me changing anything, but once it happens it is unrecovereable. All future runs of the code do the same thing, restarting the client and the server has no effect. I'm using the latest 1.4.0CR2 jars withthe remoting update too.

I'm sorry I can't suggest what may be happening here, I'm at the end of my tether; if anyone at all can help I'd be eternally grateful. I'm having to explore other MQ providers because I can't get past the problems I'm having with JBoss Messaging and it's costing me too much time investigating.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4084167#4084167

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4084167