[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Custom DataSourceBinding

chrisodom do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 14 11:48:07 EDT 2007

Currently we deploy all of our JBoss applications into distinct environments from Dev to Production. With in each environment we maintain an application that gives us the ability to secretly ask for the Oracle TNS information needed to connect to that environments Databases. Because of this I created a Service that will connect to the Database application and discover, based on the environment, the correct Oracle TNS entry to use.

I have successfully fulfilled the Service requirements and have completed the JNDI Context entry for the EAR application. The problem I seem to have is that JBoss requires the developer to use a *-ds.xml file that creates the DataSource through the WrappedDataSourceService with in the jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding.

My question is that is there anyway to dynamically configure the JBoss datasource other than using the *-ds.xml paradigm, and I am not talking about creating the xml on the fly?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4084542#4084542

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4084542