[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - reasociating detached entities (non smpc)

cba2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 14 12:09:27 EDT 2007

Because I am using Seam only for the presentation layer (and Spring for the rest) obviously I have no seam managed persistence context. If I would nevertheless like to store (hibernate) entities inside my long running conversations I run into many problems. I always get LazyInitializationExceptions because my entities from a previous request (but from the same conversation) are no longer associated with the current session.

What is the easiest way to manually re-associate all detached entities in my conversation with the new session of the current request? I tried to study the Seam source code but did not discover which trick Seam uses to achieve this so smoothly an transparent.

FYI: I'm using Seam 2.0.0.BETA1 and Hibernate 3 (and Spring 2).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4084552#4084552

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4084552