[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Updated Preferences not available

chennaikar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Sep 14 12:27:29 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am trying to get the updated preferences from the PortletPreferences interfaces, but I keep getting the values set in the xml.

Here is my Portlet code

  | public void doView(RenderRequest request, RenderResponse response) {
  | System.out.println("Name is:"+prefs.getValue("name", "AAAA"));
  | }

Here is my portlet-instances.xml

  | <deployments>
  |    <deployment>
  |       <instance>
  |          <instance-id>myInstance</instance-id>
  |          <portlet-ref>MyPortlet</portlet-ref>
  |          <preferences>
  |          <preference>
  |             <name>name</name>
  |             <value>YYYY</value>
  |          </preference>
  |          </preferences>
  |       </instance>
  |    </deployment>
  | </deployments>

When I execute the portlet I get

  | Name is:YYYY

When I log into admin portal and change the value of the preference to "ZZZZ" and execute the portlet I sill get

  | Name is:YYYY

What am I missing.
Please help.

TIA